Your roof has wind damage. Now what?
Make sure professional roofer inspect the roof for wind damage
You must file a claim with your insurance company
Recommend your roofer of the adjuster appointment
Understand that you are in control of the situation
You will receive a Loss Summary, and typically, a partial payment of the claim
Send an unaltered copy of the Loss Summary to your roofer
Understand that you will have to pay your deductible
Install your roof
1. Have a professional roofer inspect the roof.
2. File a wind damage claim with your insurance carrier if it looks like there is enough damage to warrant a claim.
3. Advise your roofer of the adjuster appointment.
4. Understand that you are in control of the situation.
5. You will receive a Loss Summary detailing the work necessary to repair your wind damage, and typically, a partial payment of the claim. If you have a mortgage on your home, the check should have your name and the mortgage company’s name as Payees.
6. Once you have the Loss Summary (claim report) from the insurance company, send an unaltered copy to your roofer for review.
7. Understand that you will have to pay your deductible.
8. Install your roof.